16 DECEMBER 2020 I 9.45AM – 4.00PM (GMT+8)
WELCOME ADDRESS & INTRODUCTION
INNOVATING FOR VICTORY: SCALING CORPORATE INNOVATION TO BE FUTURE-READY
Scaling corporate innovation for post-crisis growth, understand the new normal, reframe your adversities and turning them into tangible opportunities. Find ways to create new opportunities to help your company become more invincible and be future-ready:
- New opportunities: growing new lines of business
- Team with the right skills: start-up skills and scale-up skills
- Creating venture builder within the company: a separate entity to scale new ventures
- Ensure innovation portfolio is aligned with market needs
- Market attractiveness and strategic fit
Founder, Innovation Architect and Corporate Innovation Coach. Innobrix
CULTURE IS KING: EMBRACING A CULTURE OF MOONSHOT
Some of the world’s most successful business ideas have been Moonshots. Organisations can successfully nurture a culture of moonshot if they are capable to re-adjust company structures and framework for fostering innovative proposals from the people, and understand their languages, bringing crazy ideas to life can be a reality.
- Cultivating breakthroughs with team
- Compensating successful champions
- Elevate best thinking, ignites bold creativity and risk taking that leads to innovation
- Lead team to persist through failures through supporting structures
- Killer mindset: kill innovations once they are past their sell-by date
- Building a culture of experimentation for the whole company
- Creating ecosystem of moonshots to constantly explore potential new growths
CREATING MOONSHOT LEADERS TO THINK BOLD LIKE FUTURISTS
Leading a moonshot culture involves bold vision that unite the people, pursuing extraordinary but achievable ideas and actions. Such leaders constantly challenge the organisations in the status quo and never stays in the comfort zone for long, they keep looking into the future to know where the growth will be.
- Understanding problems and pitfalls before solutions
- Intentional Innovation – clear strategies, right questions at the right time
- Be the corporate navigator: disrupting from within
- Be future ready: develop the leaders of tomorrow
Managing Director, E-Business and Smart Residential. ASSA ABLOY Opening Solutions Asia Pacific
INTRAPRENEURSHIP & EMPLOYEES
EMPLOYEE DRIVEN INNOVATION TO BREAK SILOS
For innovation to happen, organisations need to tackle the challenge of collaboration across silos. Intrapreneurship programmes, organising ideation challenges, piloting approach to collaborative innovation such as boarding the allyship, we need to engage employees in the innovation journey.
- Psychological safety for high performing teams
- Develop your intrapreneurial programme
- Effective Internal innovation programme
- Cross-functional collaboration: engaging people in problem solving
- Employee ideation challenge: new ways to drive growth, increase efficiency and meet rapidly changing customer needs
- Employee journey maps alongside customer journey maps
THE CRUCIAL ROLE AI AND IOT WILL PLAY IN THE FIGHT OF INNOVATION TOMORROW
Especially in this crisis, these technologies will see widespread adoption across verticals such as manufacturing, healthcare, transport & logistics, energy, and many more. The power to radically transform everything, if businesses are able to adopt IoT and AI into their operations for increased productivity and process efficiencies, they will experience exponential growth in the coming years.
- AI and IoT in healthcare
- Intelligent data analytics: consumer behaviour and preferences, designing products to suit needs, demands, wants and aspirations.
- Intelligent edge computing
- Autonomous or self-learning AI
Professor & Director. Korea Advanced Institute of Science And Technology (Kaist)
DESIGN THINKING TO DOMINATE THE FUTURE
In the current economy, companies who don’t leap high enough will be left behind. Real innovation not only requires design thinking, but also “design action” to ensure growth and deliver business impact, there is a need for design thinking implementation and shifts to action after, to drive innovation forward.
- Accelerate innovation in the "New Normal"
- Common language for design growth
- Scaling empathy with design thinking
- Design thinking across boundaries
- Identifying consumer problems as key enabler for design thinking
LOW TOUCH ECONOMY
CONSUMER DRIVEN INNOVATION: THE NEW LOW TOUCH ECONOMY
Organisations need to pivot their business models to be tailored to this new normal.
At these critical times, innovation managers do not know or able to express what their customers need. This is what plagues innovation. Innovation managers need to:
- Understand their customers to have successful innovation
- Understand the shifts in consumer behavior especially with supply chain disruptions during the pandemic
- Be future ready: develop new future focused customer value
- How to deliver new experiences to customers while still delivering the experiences they’ve come to expect?
CLOSING OF VIRTUAL SUMMIT
INTERNATIONAL INNOVATION AWARDS (IIA) VIRTUAL CEREMONY